Tilbrook’s Landscape Ltd – Bury St. Edmunds IP28
£20,000 – £35,000 a year
Salary: £20,000 – £35,000 based on experience
Role and Responsibilities
The Estimator is a Key Role within the business, the Estimator will be required to manage, further develop and secure hard and soft landscaping works in the South of England and London. The Estimator will be expected to liaise closely with their Operations teams and Directors to achieve growth, profit and expansion.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Completing tender projects utilising issued bills of quantities, within the required time frame.
- Time critical e-tendering
- Client management
- Lead time and deadline management
- Purchase order, invoice and budget management
The Estimator will report to the board of directors and will play a key role in settling bids in conjunction with the directors and senior managers of the company.
- A minimum of three years’ (or equivalent) practical work experience as an Estimator in the Landscape or Construction industry.
- Experience of estimating systems, Conquest, Asite or similar is desired although training will be given where required
- Experience in the landscaping sector is desirable with knowledge of hard landscaping elements, experience in related construction or civils roles would be beneficial.
- Good negotiating and client management skills.
- Good commercial and contractual knowledge of common contracts used in the industry such as NEC and JCT
- A good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programmes is essential.
- Demonstrable leadership qualities.
- A willingness to travel if required.
- A desire to achieve personal goals and further develop the business.
For further information or to apply, please call us on 01638 712766 or click here to email us.